Here are some of the picture book titles coming out in the next few months that I can’t WAIT to read! Any other new picture books I should know about? Leave a comment would love to know.
- Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt by Kate Messner and Christopher Silas Neal. March 3, 2015. Explore the hidden world and many lives of a garden through the course of a year! Up in the garden, the world is full of green—leaves and sprouts, growing vegetables, ripening fruit. But down in the dirt exists a busy world—earthworms dig, snakes hunt, skunks burrow—populated by all the animals that make a garden their home.
- I Wish You More by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld. March 31, 2015. Wishes for curiosity and wonder, for friendship and strength, laughter and peace. Whether celebrating life’s joyous milestones, sharing words of encouragement, or observing the wonder of everyday moments, this sweet and uplifting book is perfect for wishers of every age.
- Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry and Tom Lichtenheld. April 7, 2015. When Stick rescues Stone from a prickly situation with a Pinecone, the pair becomes fast friends. But when Stick gets stuck, can Stone return the favor?
- By Mouse and Frog by Deborah Freedman. April 14, 2015. Fastidious Mouse has one idea about how to tell a story. Free-spirited Frog has another. What happens when Frog crashes into Mouse’s story with some wild ideas? Chaos!…followed by the discovery that working together means being willing to compromise—and that listening to one another can lead to the most beautiful stories of all.
- Water is Water by Miranda Paul and Jason Chin. May 26, 2015. This spare, poetic picture book follows a group of kids as they move through all the different phases of the water cycle.