As we know the life of a writer is made of peaks and valleys. Was definitely in the valley this month, but I believe its because I am climbing towards a peak. Here is a list of the things that I didn’t get done this month:
– Didn’t finish my duck story draft that I started in late April.
– Dropped out of the Teachers Write: Summer Virtual Writing Camp
– Didn’t get to write a post for the 12×12 Halfway Blogfest. But you should definitely check out all the wonderful posts by the other 12×12’ers, they are a creative bunch.
So where did all my time go, you ask? For the last two weeks I have been manically revising my Feb 12×12 draft “MONSTERS IN THE PARK” to try and get in by the July 7th deadline as a conference submission to an editor. Not sure if it will happen or not yet. Will be doing the dummy over the next few days to help me decide. It seems every time I fix one aspect of the story, another one breaks. Very frustrating. Also the big question I am having trouble answering is “How do you know when the story is ready to submit?” Does it have to be perfect? Can there be some rough spots? Knowing you can’t submit a story more than once to an agent or editor, definitely adds pressure to the mix. Would love to hear your thoughts or experiences.
Here is what I am doing next month:
- Finish my duck story, yes I have no excuse for not getting it done next month.
- Complete Anastasia Suen’s Intensive Picture Book Workshop #1-6.
- Guest blogging on Rate Your Story on July 11th.
Happy Writing to all of you!
My TBR Bookshelf will now be moved to its own separate post, so stay tuned for it!