Many, many thanks to fellow Perfect Picture Book Friday and 12 X 12 in 2012 participant Patricia Tilton at Children’s Books Heal for passing the Liebster Blog Award to me. I am very touched that you picked my blog. Take a look at Patricia’s special list of books or healing and helping families with special needs. It has been a pleasure to get to know her through the blogosphere.
“Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favorite. The idea behind the Liebster Blog Award is that it is given to bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers in order to create new connections and bring attention to their blogs.”
I am required to thank the giver, add the award to my blog, list five things about myself, and select five bloggers to whom I wish to bestow a Liebster Blog Award.
Five Things About Me: (that you may or may not know)
- I am of East Indian descent, but was born in Nairobi, Kenya, and raised in the United States.
- Was a cheerleader in highschool.
- Have an engineering patent to my name. From my days working at Intel Corporation.
- Went to Iceland for our honeymoon. Brrr . . it was little cold at times in the middle of July!
- Have a large extended family and I love it. (25 aunts/uncles, 26 first cousins, 24 nieces/nephews and still growing!)
These are the five blogs I want to honor with the Liebster Award. I hope you stop by and visit their sites:
Carter Higgins (Design of the Picture Book) – kidlit illustrator
Margaret Grenias (Pen to Print) – kidlit author
Jennifer Young (Castles in the Sky) – kidlit author
Tim McCanna – kidlit author
Kerry Aradhya (Picture Books and Pirouettes) – kidlit author, dance themed blog